It was a great day today, busy but great. It all started with a solid nights rest…until 4:20 that is. But in my world that is a good night. Somewhere in that hour I feel the little hands and feet climb into bed and snuggle in. At 7:00 I hear their voices but that wasn’t what woke me up initially, it was the faint feeling that someone or someones were looking awfully close at my face and sure enough they were. They wanted “milky.” “No. It’s still sleep time.” Sidebar- this lady comes from a strong line of sleepers! The whining picks up so I turn on Backyardigans and tell them after this show I will get you milky. How dumb am I to think they will forget and watch, oh I don’t know, seven more shows! L taps my head and in a sing-song voice says “it’s ooooover, time for miiiiilky.” I had to giggle and get out of bed. S was working from home so I was able to sneak out to a Mommy’s group alone (this group is for the Mothers while daycare is provided for the kids for 2 hours)but not before I folded laundry and did the dishes! Mommy Group was so fun! It always makes for a great day after talking to other stay at home Moms BUT we had a new member. She is a very pregnant Mother of a 2 year old and twin 1 year olds! So when this little bundle is born she will have 4 under 2, at least for a few weeks. Now I feel so pitiful when I find myself exhausted! HA! Who cares? I will continue to complain and whine! We did have a busy day and it went a little something like this:
• Home from meeting fed kids
• Emptied dish washer
• Kept my cool when H went pee pee on the potty but got up and pooped in her pants
• Still kept my cool when I was wiping her leg and she tossed her underwear in the toilet
• Even still kept my cool when she turned around and did again….and then again
• Ironically it wasn’t until a pee-pee in the driveway 6 hours later that really ticked me off. The number 2 I’m working on but the pee has been a done deal so let’s focus child!
• We ran errandssssss
o Office building to drop off “stuff”
o Humane Society to drop off donations
Back into the Humane Society to look at an adorable dog at the girls urging
o Recycle plastics
o Michaels for a labeler they didn’t have yet…stupid Eastern Shore
Looked at Halloween stuff which scared the crap out of L
Argued with H about why she couldn’t have a $20 basket for her baby
o Sam’s Club
o McDonald’s (should leave that out but seriously we were gone for 4 hours)
o Read a magazine and went through mail while they snoozed
• Whew! Put grocery’s away, new basket to hide toilet paper and undies in downstairs bath, and one for the chalk on the front porch.
• Cleaned the cooler, managed to salvage the 20 beers still in there.
• Walked to the pond to feed geese, none there so we fed the fish
• Watered plants and kids
• Tubbies-or some form of that! Walked out of the bathroom long enough to strip the girl’s beds since they have been sick and I hear “mommy? Can this go in the tub?” Oh God no! They pulled the bath mat into the tub and as I am walking in I lose it at the sight of H pouring a 16 oz. cup of water onto the floor! OUT! Tubby is OVER!
• Dressed them as the whining continued about why they couldn’t watch TV. Dumping water out of tub= no TV for the rest of the night. Oh well too bad so sad sucka.
• Goofed off with Daddy
• Story from Daddy while Mommy frantically looks for family pictures for pre-school tomorrow. WHAT? I don’t keep these things lying around! It’s the digital age people; well my printer isn’t working correctly so I need someone to blame.
• Major tears from my L because she doesn’t want to go to school.
• Finally a shower!
• Throw a load of laundry in
• Write this article, try to organize my calendar and hope the load is done and ready for the dryer!
Tip O’ the Day: a clip board stacked with colored paper and washable crayons keep them so preoccupied on road trips
- Grab a Beer
- Penske Truck vs School Bus