Do you have a birthday that falls on or extremely close to a holiday, in particular Christmas? My girls were born on December 22 and although I am sure they will complain because they will inevitably feel like they are getting jipped, they do not have siblings to suggest are getting more than they are. So the question is this, should we celebrate their birthday at another time of year? I want my girls to be grateful for every single gift they receive but I also want them to feel extraordinarily special and face it having a birthday so close to Christmas (and being a twin) a number of things occur to put a further hampering on that specialness:
- everything is decorated for Christmas
- people can’t make parties because of holiday obligations
- very rare you will be able to celebrate on your actual birthday
- receiving gifts that are combo Christmas/Birthday
- limited locations due to cold weather
- people are sick
- every gift is Christmas related
- it’s expensive for everyone esp the parent (double gifts)
- you will always have to share your birthday
Right now they don’t truly understand the chaos of it all but by the end of December they are expecting gifts because it seems like the entire month people are giving them or sending them one. So do we have a “half birthday” party in the summer or an “unhappy birthday” in January or February? Two separate birthdays? Thoughts on this? Especially for those of you who are either a twin, have twins or a holiday birthday.
- Do you need help Feeding?
- We Won!!!