The only thing that beats finding a special toy to keep the kids entertained while I sneak a moment to myself, is finding one that is educational. The girls just received these in December for their 3rd birthday and they adore them.
- Cranium’s Hullabaloo The one the girls actually received has a DVD. The added bonus with this toy is they use a ton of energy!
- Poingo I find them all the time reading these. It is very interactive; teaches reading, shapes, numbers, colors, dancing and more. LOVE this.
- Big Time Muscle Racing Cars Their boy cousin has one of these and they love it. With the battery powered remote control it teaches them hand/eye coordination and the adrenaline they use wears them out! It says for 8 and older but I’m not sure why.
The following are still favorites even though they are older gifts.
- Play-doh their friends gave them a set like this; messy ,messy messy but they love it. Really any arts and crafts stuff particularly paints, are wonderful!
- Leapfrog Laptops- perfect for the car or a quiet time rest if they aren’t sleepy.
- Balloons- burn energy burn
- Anything Dora but right now they are loving their tubby Dora. When she is wet with cold water her hair and face turn different colors than when she is wet with warm water.
- This is one of my favorites also, the Tickle Monster Laughter Kit. Super fun book that I highly recommend for everyone!
Other fun things just laying around the house are using my old cameras. They are really able to navigate through it well including turning on/off, take and view, delete and play (if it’s a video). They really love being creative and L particularly loves taking self-portraits.
They also love book picnics. I lay a big fluffy blanket down next to their book basket and they each pick out a few books for me to read. We do this when melt-downs are about to erupt or before bed-time while they have a small snack.
We are always looking for new toys that are fun but educational if you know of any please share!
- It was a Good Day
- Gathering Firewood