The differences between then and now in going through fertility treatments:
- I didn’t know what to expect; ignorance is bliss sometimes people
- I didn’t have anyone to talk to or who understood what I was going through-that was super rough. I now have a great circle of support who knows so much and we help each other tremendously. (esp you Dorie if you are reading this! I love you buddy!)
- Ironically we had plenty of money and not a single debt the first time around and this time we are flat broke- aren’t you supposed to gain more wealth as you get older, not the opposite?
- I had freedom to make the trips to the doctors weekly (some weeks 7 days); this time God has been on our side but there is going to be conflict sooner or later with finding sitters last minute (many thanks to my neighbors, Stephanie, and Katy)
- Again I had the freedom to be lazy and rest; I won’t have that luxury this time around with the sleepless nights of stress and the early drives to the doctor not to mention the monsters.
- Last time we had what it took to go the distance until it worked; this is our one and only shot
- The emotions are far worse this time. I’m not sure if it’s my age, only having one shot, or just knowing the risks but I’m much more emotional
- We didn’t know how our life would change with a baby (babies) but this time we know and that makes all of this worth it!
I’m sure there are more but this is a good list. I’m grateful that we get to do this again and I’m hopeful.
Thank you to all who are strong in your support and love! We need it especially since the girls want me to have a ton of babies and name them Emily, Megan and Spiderman.