Why are we experimenting with rice krispie treats? Another one bites the dust…with the flu and we’re bored. Being stuck at home is tough when only one is sick so we decided to experiment and created an easy, yet delicious dairy and gluten free peanut butter rice krispie treats recipe topped with chocolate.
This recipe scores big on the sweetness while being packed with protein and meets our dietary restrictions. It only took about twenty minutes from start to refrigerator.
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter- we use earth balance
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 16 ounce bag of marshmallows minus a few the kids stole
- 4 cups of rice krispies
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows
- Next, add the peanut butter when the last of the marshmallows are melted
- Once the peanut butter starts to melt, put the chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute an a half
- When all is melted, spread the the mixture into a glass pan
- Lastly, before it goes into the refrigerator, top with the melted chocolate
- Finally, let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to harden
This recipes yields sixteen 2×2 bars of a nice thickness. Please feel free to share any easy, gluten and dairy free recipes you have!