Gluten free chicken nuggets are expensive especially when your feeding four. I guess I could make two batches and make sure three of the girls eat the regular ones while L eats the gluten free but eh.
My wallet prefers that I learn to cook, so my first meal was chicken nuggets. Two chicken breasts will feed the four of them. That along with their favorite, broccoli, and maybe watermelon or potatoes is a hole in one here.
So on to it!
- rice krispies
- Italian dressing
- Marinate thawed chicken breasts in Italian dressing over night to keep them tender
- Mix 2/3 chex with 1/3 rice krispies (the kids like putting them in a baggie and mashing them to crumbs)
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes
- Lightly beat an egg in a small bowl
- Dip each piece of chicken into egg batter then into baggie to coat with crumbs
- Place on cookie sheet (flip half way)
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes
Yummy yum yum.
The real test? Rather picky H asking me to make it every night! Score! One recipe down, a million more to go!
NOTES- I actually cut them into bite size pieces; much smaller than the photos below. It made them easier for the littles to eat. I also originally cooked on a cookie sheet/tin foil and found cooking straight on the cookie rack produced a much crispier chicken nugget which is what really won the girls over.