I have never really given much thought to resolutions but this year my list is long! I don’t know why I am so excited to start a year fresh and full of hope but this is going to be our year. Some of the foolish things on my list are:
- don’t yell at the kids
- don’t throw things at Steve
- don’t throw the kids at Steve
- don’t tell the girls Steve really isn’t their father and they should call him Steve and not Daddy
- don’t tell the girls I’m not Mommy
- don’t tell the girls I’m going to drop them off at the humane society with Sugar
- don’t tell the girls to suck it up when they fall head first off their new scooters
- don’t walk faster than the girls just to watch them freak out and start running
- don’t laugh when they drop their lolly pop, ice cream etc
OK I can’t go on. None of these are true except the first one…well that’s not even true. I think it’s impossible not to yell at your children when there is more than one and they are at the physical fighting age. Sometimes the only way to break up a crying, screaming, hair pulling match is to just let out a big hearty STOP!
Now my unrealistic resolution list is the following:
- stay unemployed
- grow 3 inches
- win the lottery
- train both dogs to not run away so they can go on walks with the girls and me
- become an amazing cook (first step is to want to do it)
- want to be an amazing cook
- rewind the wrinkles so I look 27, that was a good year
- be able to drink an unlimited amount of Octoberfest or Grenache without getting wasted, feeling hung over, making an ass out of myself or having it age me
- ohh speaking of unlimited I would like to have an unlimited checking account
OK so they really aren’t resolutions but seriously I think I can train enough to make the majority of number 8 come true, might be able to pay for an awkward number 7, 1 easy, 4 call Cesar but need 9 first. Anyway the true list is as follows.
- be calmer, cool the temper
- eat cleaner, live cleaner ( super excited for this as we are removing all the color from my hair and I’m going all natural!)
- cook 3-4 times a week (nothing fancy)
- read more
- clean the edges on my crocheting
- spend more time with Steve
- less time watching TV
- have a baby
- make headway with turtlegurlz
I have learned that whenever I set goals I set them too broad. This time Steve and I are in them together and we are taking baby steps. I’m really excited!! I feel like we are just going to have a fantastic year! I hope all of you are also!
PS I wrote this post earlier today however I must add that I hope my year, as well as all the people I love, have as sweet a night as I did. After the kids were tucked in S, the dogs and I went to bed to watch Anderson count down. By 11:00 the house was asleep except me, as usual. I then heard the sounds I love to hear every night; L’s feet bringing her sleepiness to my bed. It was 11:30. About ten minutes later H woke up crying. S went to calm her down but ended up bringing her to bed with us. At midnight I looked around my big ol’ bed and my beautiful family was snuggled all up safe and sound. I had to wake each of them to get my kiss. I just felt really happy at that moment….