Yes, that is a rather vulgar title but January really couldn’t get any worse. I’m going to list the crap that happened then move on to ten reasons I’m Thankful that February is here!
So after the cruel way the year ended but thankfully with healthy gals we entered the year a little like this. (Sorry if we are friends on Facebook and you have to re-live).
- Our heat pump went up during a snow storm with negative temperatures for FOUR days. Luckily we have a wood burning fireplace
- Our well/pipes froze or did something crazy and the water was coming out like blood in a B-rated movie
- Steve’s tooth was KILLING him so he went to a new dentist and an endocrinologist who BOTH confirmed that his root canal with our current dentist was a botched job thus resulting in decaying causing damage to both teeth on either side of the crowned tooth. NOW he needs to have THREE root canals and we all know how much dental insurance covers
- Our beloved dog was initially diagnosed with epilepsy but we feel we are now looking at a brain tumor. She initially had only a seizure every few days and lately she has up to five a day
- Our credit card was stolen but luckily Discover caught it and reimbursed us
- The babies are displaying colick….at the same time in the evening. It’s not horrible but it certainly isn’t desirable
- School has been closed more than it has been open due to the storms but the tuition hasn’t stopped
That should do it other than little things that are not a big deal but with all this going on they seem huge!
I LOVE February. Some of my favorite people were born in this month not to mention VALENTINES DAY! Not because I love to shower my husband with love but I love to shower all my girls and friends with love. I’m probably the only person that loves this Hallmark, money making, made-up holiday!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
And now on to all the goodie LOVE that February brings!
- Steve’s birthday (hubby wubs)
- Holly’s birthday (mister sister)
- Sam’s birthday (wonderful nephew)
- Fufi’s birthday (bestie gal pal)
- Aunt Terry’s birthday (newbies honorary Godmother)
- Holly and her family are visiting for a weekend
- All the girls and I are going to Aunt Fufi’s house
- Valentine’s Day
- Officially healed (can attempt to start working out in the gym and the bedroom- heeeey)
- Poopy January is over
As always there are so many things we are thankful for but every once in a while you just need to feel sorry for yourself. I did that last week to my poor Mother who just sat and listened. I cried and then felt a million times better.
(This photo has nothing to do with this section of the post but it’s my Godson who is coming to visit and his cuteness makes everyone smile!) Now back to the post.
Why don’t I just cry and get it over with instead of trying to be tough? We’ve all been there I’m sure.
I hope February brings LOTS of goodie goodness for everyone.
My February goal? Every time I get annoyed I’m going to turn on the love. Take the challenge with me! It will make for a wonderful month I promise.