This weeks listicles is “ten ways to spend thirty minutes!” How fun is that? A barrage of ideas came to mind, none of which were true like getting a facial, reading a book, or taking a slow stroll because realistically I would feel guilty and start scrubbing the kitchen, folding laundry, or organizing seasonal clothes. Boring! I know!
Earlier today I was standing in the kitchen doing the dishes as the girls were having lunch and I turned to them and said, “what would you do with 30 minutes?”
As both of them looked at me I realized that they have no concept of time; I’m still not sure that they know what “running late” means.
So I rephrased the question, “what would you do with 30 minutes (the length of a Dora show) if you knew Mommy wouldn’t get mad at you?” I was trying to get some truth.
They started in quickly and I wrote as fast as I could.
- L- Sing
- H-eat- dinner and food (I’m glad you clarified that you would eat food)
- L-have a party with balloons (high hopes/standards- let’s lower them a little)
- L-she pauses and says,’ I’m thinking of a good thing to do.” Then she says ‘Clean Plates!” (odd since they hadn’t been in trouble yet today about cleaning)
- H- drink water, apple-juice, orange juice, grape-juice, whats that red stuff? Oh yeah Gatorade, fruit-shakes (L whispers what about lemonade) oh and lemonade. (she honing in on her abilities to handle college)
- L- put away stuff (again not in trouble but gonna be for all this lying)
- H- NOT eat those sour strawberries you bought (you asked for them)
And that is where it ended. It is a funny list as H wants to revolve her time around food; probably because I was feeding them while L wanted to live it up but in a clean and tidy way.
So I guess for number 10 I will say I would love to read a magazine, page by page, in my rocker on the front porch with an ice cold beer!
Here’s to some sunny weather, the end of the semester and love in the world!
I’ll take this as my view on my leisurely stroll anytime….
What would you do? Anything similar to the other wonderful bloggers on Stasha site today?