We had a very successful morning for a change.
I woke up long before everyone and got the home ready to welcome the day. I brought a piping hot cup of coffee upstairs to wake up Steve and then I sat my butt on the couch to read.
A little derail- the other day I posted on Facebook that I needed a few book ideas; I was becoming too obsessed with social media and needed to knock it off. After a slew of great read recommendations flowed through the thread to add to my growing list, I found a Grisham book to start me off that my Dad gave me recently.
I was QUICKLY reminded of why I don’t read as often. My kids could be on fire before I noticed the screams or smoke when I’m engaged in a good book.
With social media you need no brain power. A simple like here and there, maybe a good story or two and that’s it. The problem is it’s easy and addictive. I don’t get much of out Facebook anymore really but with work I need to stay connected.
So once again I was putting the girls off and getting annoyed that they were interrupting my morning with their stupid sunshiny smiles of “good morning Mommy” and their “apparent” need to eat.
Once I realized my nonsense, I put my book down and worked out our path of destruction. I usually don’t go crazy with errands all in one day but I felt the need to get something big done today.
- Made 3 phone calls, successfully, that I had been avoiding- rephrase- that went successfully- I know how to make a call
- Dropped off donations to Humane Society- girls loved playing with the kittens- dogs were unavailable which was probably a good thing
- Dropped off paperwork to fall daycare at the college- girls seemed excited to go to school with Mommy
- Dropped off the recycling including magazines- big day when I let go of my magazines
- Dropped paperwork off at doctor for girls records of immunizations for school- turned around to see the girls straddling a mini pony far too small for them
- Went to YMCA to suspend membership for summer
- Went to Target to price out pools; yes, we are getting one of those tacky above ground pools that my girls absolutely adore! To my snobby friends, you won’t be complaining when yours kids are having fun
- Brought Steve lunch
All this and still home by 12:30 for lunch! Booya!
I was feeling great as the girls decided to head outside to play on their slip and slide when I noticed our kitchen water was a little funny.
Oh no! Fingers crossed that the well isn’t going up because the dishwasher is on the fritz (who cares- I hate dishwashers) and our fridge is broken!
So back out to the store we went to load up on many, many gallons of water just in case the water is bad.
My patience was wearing thin at this point. Not that the girls were misbehaving at all but I was just exhausted; not to mention when we got out of the car for the umpteenth errand today the brats didn’t have shoes on….they had on slippers.
And to make things worse as I was prepping dinner, so happy to be home, I remembered….ballet!
This is the point at which I normally would grab a beer.