Oh boy, what to be thankful for this week? After cleaning crap and throw up, poopy diapers and scrubbing floors, I have found a laundry list of things to be thankful for this holiday vacation.
While not the typical list it is still a list of thanks.
- Thankfully the flu bug is quick lived. It hits hard, very hard but seems to be gone within a day or two.
- Nothing is better than a holiday spent with friends who we consider family. This every other year tradition is amazingly happy heart filling.
- While the crap was plenty, my bathrooms have never been cleaner!
- We were all able to knock off those unwanted holiday pounds. Just a few trips to dump it out of our bodies by one of the means our body is capable of releasing waste and we are back at our pre-stuffing-our-face weights.
- No work for Steve. Ever since he entered the retail world we rarely see him on the holidays, weekends and evenings. It was so nice to have a couple days in a row to relax as a family.
- We made ornaments from scratch; messy but fun!
- While I can’t stand the Elf on the Shelf, watching the girl’s faces light up each morning that they search and find him is brilliant.
- The window repair company came out and fixed the van window on the dreadful black Friday (at cost) woohoo.
- Speaking of black Friday, I will never understand why people go out then. I have yet to believe the deals are worth the headache. Luckily my shopping is almost complete and has been.
- Lastly and if it was worth ready I would make a ten point list that reads: I am thankful for nothing more than my family.
Once again thank you to Lizzi and her fun crew for hosting Ten Things of Thankfulness. It always helps remind me of what is important.