That photo perfectly captures how I feel every time I pick up my Vilah Bloom Sail Away Satchel! Not kidding, it gets pretty embarrassing for my family.
This review is so overdue BUT it worked out well seeing as though we just entered one (of the four) best times of the year and it’s grey; the new black right?!
This satchel by Vilah Bloom is absolutely gorgeous, absolutely functional and absolutely NOT your typical looking diaper bag.
If you didn’t see my review of the Harbor Side Tote you can check it out here. The same craftsmanship, detail and love goes into every design, every bag.
The brilliant features that make this the perfect diaper bag include:
- Classic colors- Nautical Navy, Anchor Grey and Midnight Voyage-even the color titles are gorgeous.
- Beautiful embossed metal work – one of a kind embossed bronzed logos, nothing cheap and plastic here.
- Shoulder strap included- I haven’t used it yet because I love the sleekness of the tote handles.
- Pockets, pockets, pockets for a total of eleven, 11 just in case you can’t read. ELEVEN! I am a very organized person and like a neat and orderly environment so this works great for me as the photos below will show.
- Included in that eleven count is the wipe dispenser. It holds about 10-15, I never counted but maybe I should. When I’m out with all the girls I need an entire pack so I will remove the wipe dispenser and use this pocket for my wallet or to drop miscellaneous things.
- Very easy to wipe clean.
- There is a hook in the inside top for keys or pacifier so no digging or searching.
- The bag zippers. Seems simple but there is a little bit of slack so you can zipper the satchel even though it’s overflowing with goodies.
Lastly, a TIE for my favorite features ever as in ever in any bag I’ve ever owed, it’s that spectacular:
- Padded section for tablet- this is fantastic because as a mother who works from home, I am never without my surface. Having the luxury of a padded compartment I don’t have to worry about my case.
- Built in changing pad- this is brilliant! I have been labeled somewhat of a germaphobe and the way this pad is installed, not only does it unfold from the side the dispensable wipes are on but the side that touches the ground will never touch the part that you lay your baby on. It doesn’t fold the ground side onto the clean side! Additionally, it is on the bottom of the bag so it doesn’t take away from valuable interior space. Once your baby has outgrown the diaper phase you can use this section to cushion items or hide items from grubby mitts.
In case my carefully crafted bullet-point list didn’t impress you, maybe these photos will:
Let’s show this bad boy in use!
You can’t tell this is a diaper bag!? It’s gorgeous!
That Sweet Frog wiped right off the sides! Somewhere behind that bag are a couple of rascals waiting for a table at Fish Tales. Just another rough day at the office with my favorite assistant. A walk on the beach after Sunday mass to catch what was left of the sunrise. Told you I get excited! She’s crying because I get more excited over my satchel than her…..
This is by far one of the best diaper bags. If you don’t need one I am sure you have a friend expecting! Get shopping!
*While I was not paid for this review, I did receive the satchel to review. All opinions, as always, are mine and mine alone.
**Shown is the Sail Away Satchel in Anchor Grey retailing at $179.00
***This is NOT advertised as a twin bag so please don’t assume that it is. As a newborn or infant twins diaper bag this probably won’t have enough room to host all the amounts of items you need. This works great now that I don’t need to drag around sippy cups, extra outfits, formula/breast milk, and everything else necessary for multiples.